When it comes to creating products and services that customers love and keep returning to, building higher levels of empathy and having a common understanding of the end customer within the team is crucial. In most cases, you will want to create a customer persona for that which is fine. Although sometimes it's better to start with an empathy map.
Empathy map technique was developed by XPLANE and can be considered persona alternative, though I'd say it's more of an additive. While some use empathy maps as a foundation for their personas, others see empathy maps as standalone artifacts.
No matter which category you will fall into, here's a free-to-use template that will help you start empathy mapping.
- Our blog to help you start with CJM
- UXPressia Academy for taking the CJM course and learning the framework
- Empathy Mapping with UXPressia
- Agile Coaching Tip: What Is an Empathy Map?
- Empathy Mapping: The First Step in Design Thinking
- The Practical Guide to Empathy Maps: 10-Minute User Personas
- Updated Empathy Map Canvas